Here are instructions on adding your Alpaca map to a WordPress website.
Get your Embed Code
1. Within the Alpaca editor, click into the map you want to get the embed code for.
2. Along the top white navigation bar, find the 'Embed / Share' button. Click this.
3. Find the green navigation bar and click 'Embed Options'.
4. Use the drop down to select your map display - Simple or Classic
5. Click the green 'Get the code' button.
6. On the right-hand side of your screen, view the 'Script Embed' section.
7. Copy this code and have it ready to paste into your web page once you have done the next set of steps.
Set up your Wordpress web page
1. Click 'Add Block'
2. Paste your Alpaca embed script tag into the box. This is the script code you grabbed above Note: your map must be published within Alpaca in order to display.
3. You can easily preview that it has worked as expected by clicking the ‘preview’ button within WordPress. Now, you’re ready to go!
Each Wordpress template is slightly different. In some cases you may need to tweak the code to get it to display as you would like. For example, your map will always display better when it is added to a full width content block.
- Have you published your map within Alpaca first?
- Are you using the HTML block within Wordpress to add?