If you have an Alpaca Places Library, and you would like to pull place listings from your library into new itineraries, then you will need to follow these steps:
Why would you want to do this?
- If you have places in your library that you refer to in your maps multiple times, it can be easier to enter them once (into your Library), then pull that content into the various maps you want to create.
- This can save you double entering places.
- It gives you a single spot where you can manage and update content for a listing (your Library), and then it will update across the various maps that include that listing.
- An Alpaca Places Library is only available on certain paid accounts. You can find out more here.
Get your Places Library ID
When logged into your Places Library (snippets), grab the ID from the URL.
Add this ID to your New Itinerary
- Open the new itinerary editor
- Click into the itinerary map that you want to connect
- Open the 'Enhanced Content' section on the right hand side
- Click the pencil next to 'Project Extras'
- Paste the ID into the 'Place Collection ID' field